- Treat everyone in your life with patience and love, and count your blessings daily.
- Brighten up someone's holiday.
- Shop catalogs, the Internet and home shopping networks to avoid stress.
- Give guests a warm welcome by offering them a cup of hot cider when they arrive.
- When guests offer to bring a dish - let them.
- Hook Christmas lights to a timer that turns them on at dusk and off at bedtime.
- Don't forget the most important person on your shopping list: you!
- Decorate with family treasures.
- Begin an ornament collection for your child.
- Keep the old traditions.
- Inspect Christmas-tree lights.
- Buy plenty of film to capture Christmas celebrations.
- Tie big bows with belts knotted at the ends around door knobs. Every time someone walks into the room, you'll hear the sound of Christmas.
- Reflect on the true meaning of Christmas.
- String fresh cranberries and popcorn on thread and decorate an outdoor tree.
- Be prepared for short-notice visitors. Stash away a basket of gourmet hot chocolate mix, pretty napkins, fancy crackers, a spread and a tin of cookies.
- Save alcohol calories this season-- volunteer to be the designated driver.